Monday, April 13, 2015

HK 2015 - Day 1 (3rd April)

Our flight is at 9.30am, we went early to have breakfast together with the Papa and she wants time at the playground. 

Oh ya, the night before, was the last night she had the Chuk. It was a very sombre bedtime,,,,,, it felt like the eve of her wedding. It felt like she would be sleeping with me in my bed for the last time before embarking a new life's adventures. I know she's mourning the end of the Chuk era and I gave her the privacy to be quiet. I have given her early reminders that this day will come. The next morning, she kissed both her pacifiers goodbye, thanked them for being them, and discarded them into the bin. 


So manja, still wants the Papa to carry her. 

 This is the playground at the airport she thanked LKY for.
(not really relevant but no need to over analyze)

We took the A380 Super-Jumbo Airbus and chose the upper deck. The tickets were on sale when I booked it last November, so we got quite a good deal considering the liner. (S$320++? per pax). Thanks to Iresh who prompted me to check them out.



After Brunch, after everyone was settled down, watching movies etc, Kiki was bored and was reading the emergency exit safety procedure card when the crew came up to her and asked - "Are you Rachael?"
She was puzzled how they knew her name. Upon replying - "Yes...", the crew chorused the Birthday Song and presented her a BD cake. Kiki was pleasantly surprised and kept asking me how they got to know that its the eve of her BD. 

Actually, this is not a default service. Earlier on when I was booking the tickets online, there was a technical glitch and I was talking to the customer service etc. So when he asked if there's anything else he can do, I said perhaps a BD surprise for the little girl would be nice. And so they did. 

While on the plane, I bumped into Angela- my old ANA hotel colleague. No, actually she bumped into me. She came up to our seats to say Hello. It's nice of her to do that. I haven't met up with her for many years although we "see" each other on FB. Angela is a Sunny person. She is one of those people who is almost always cheerful. Of course she has her Ups and Downs and she probably complains about various things to her closer peers but generally she's always enjoying her life, husband or not. My casual friendship with her has a streak of  gratitude although I didn't let her know. I have the gratitude streak for a lot of people whether the cause was trivial or big. On the way to work, Iresh would wave at me to hop in. When knocking off, Angela would give me a ride home. And I appreciated that. Both of them.





As I saw that the MTR counter had no queue, I inquired about making our way to Kowloon. 
We took the train from Airport Station, to Kowloon Station, transfer to a shuttle bus to a bus-stop that is near our hotel.(two cards for about S$80- includes two-way air port express, and two days worth of unlimited train & bus rides.) It's worth it because the taxi fare to our hotel would have cost about S$100.




 In the train

 By the time we reached the hotel, it was rather late... 4pm. 
(the flight delayed departure, hence a snowball effect)

Kiki was hungry so we at the the bar and took our comp drinks. 


 She was disappointed that the bathroom didn't have a bathtub but she soon forgot about it. 

We explored the vicinity and she insisted to have Playdoh and some colouring stencils stuff. 
So we  spent our night dabbing those and watched Despicable Me in Cantonese. 



No comments:

Post a Comment