Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Games: Rent-a-dog Saloon

On a Monday night, Bren & I were chatting endlessly in our kitchen, laughing, talking, and smooching.
We had our Chivas with Coke and were talking enthusiastically about our impending Phuket trip, it would have been our tenth or more trip there. Unfortunately, I am unable to bring Maricar along because we have problem getting help to bathe and change Charmaine daily. To transport Charmaine to the bathroom and to strip her off the soiled diapers for a shower etc., is dirty work and not much souls could do that day after day. I can't do that. For every shortcoming that Maricar may have, she offsets it with her empathy for us and for Charmaine when she took up the duty of showering Charmaine. When we were away to HK that few days, our house eventually reeked with such stench that the Police could have left a notice if our neighbours complained. And I was also very sorry to my neighbours who may have suffered. I wasn't sure if I should cry but my heart cried. So anyway, like I've always said, we TOTE. (Test-Operate-Test-Exit) meaning with any task or challenge, first you Test your strategy. Then you kick it into Operation. Then you review your Test to see if you need to change your strategy. Until you find a strategy that works well for you, you then Exit (leaving it working in operation). So now that we've tested with the HK trip, I've concluded that we must leave a hand at home to bathe Charmaine even though we've solved the food portion with food-drop. So anyway, I've told Maricar that when I go on a shorter holiday with the kids, I'll bring her along. She's not in any way demanding, so that's gracious of her.

Anyway, back to Rent-a-dog Saloon.

Kiki was demanding me to play with her after I brushed her off on two previous occasions. So, in between chattering with Bren in the kitchen, I try to entertain the little one by participating in her game. She has invented a Rent-a-dog Saloon with elaborate details. I sometimes wonder if she's semi-genius.

First, there's a line-up of the dogs she has.
You will choose the dog you wish to have and bring it to her. (presumably she's the shopkeeper)
I try to name the dogs that I can recognise but I only know Shaggy dog, Dalmatian, Bulldog, Jack Russell, German Shepherd, Dachshund (Sausage dog).



 Next, she will write you a receipt for your order by outlining the shape of the dog you've borrowed.



 And place your job order and the dog in a package meant for you.
There are specific packages for each customer.


 And even a "record" or what looks like a customer-list.

She explains that you can have the dog for two days, if you want to have it for three days, it's an option.
Then, you will have to bring the dog back safely and repeat the process by borrowing another dog home.
After her briefing, it dawned on me that it was a dog rental service, hence I told her for reference, the game is called "Rent-a-dog".

It's pretty fun, given the elaborate process and interactions.

 She keeps these toy dogs and props in this tin case, and I called it the "shop".


No comments:

Post a Comment