Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Teacher's Day is Movable

Last week, it rained so much, many places were flooded.
Teacher's Day is no longer September 1st, and Children's Day is no longer October 1st in Singapore. It has become the first Friday of Sept & Oct respectively.

Is that right? I hope that wasn't the case. The intention to move these Days was to let the school, teachers and students have a "long weekend", meaning they get a longer-than-usual-weekend-break. I do understand the logic and convenience to this arrangement but surely we could let the dates remain commemorative and fixed, while the schools and children take that nearest Friday off.   Call me old-school, I find that moving dates devalue the meaning to that celebration. Whatever.



 It rained the whole morning, we almost didn't get to go anywhere..... but luckily there was a break.





she said - "Didi! I am not Papa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment