Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sketches

 She drew her brother in tears.... looks terribly sad.

She said that he said - "moo" (but look, she wrote o-o-m for moo?) Reversed in her head.

She asked me to submit her drawing for review to enroll into an art school when I had told her that a good art school wouldn't just take any novice student and that the candidate has to go through an interview.


 You know, many times in the evening when I get home, she wants to talk to me and play with me, and I always tell her; - "later, after my shower". So in the interim, she often doodle. And by the time I'm out from the showers, she will surprise me with stuff like these.



******
Below are other kids' work I saw on display at Crestar (the place where Kiki is learning ballet and abacus) Oh ya, Kiki will be promoted to the Classic Ballet Class coming October, no longer "baby ballet".


 a Pineapple shaped lantern made with disposable plastic spoons.

 wiki search:-

man·da·la  

Noun
  1. A geometric figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism.
  2. Such a symbol in a dream, representing the dreamer's search for completeness.
 I think these drawings are much nicer and creative compared to those from XXX (see below)




 Below--





Sorry, I may have been biased because I feel that these are good colouring techniques and should not be promoted with such vigor as Art but no school will call itself a colouring school I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment