Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gardens by the Bay, September 2013

He cried. (I can't remember why)



Fitting their little hands onto mould-tiles.

 The school organised an outing to Gardens by the Bay.
However, it was to the outdoor parks which are free-of-charges, although it was not scorching hot but still it was very hot weather. I should have paid attention to what the teachers had said. Not only were we to visit three different gardens (the Chinese Garden, the Fruits and Flowers Garden, and the Lily Pond), we were to jot down the names of the plants and botanical we see, take a picture of them, and go home and make a sketch, drawing or art crafts along those three gardens' themes. I should have known that the school's outing is a learning opportunity but I had been listless the past few days.

 I had only managed to note the Hibiscus (Botanical name: Hibiscus Rosa-sinesis, and have yet to do the "homework" with Kiki.



This is a depiction of Water Lily  (at the Lily Pond) was made by Kiki with the help from her teacher the next day in school.

Oh well, I've got to learn to take more interest in my kids' learning!









No comments:

Post a Comment