Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Living with an Old Folk

This morning, I wanted to back up the photographs on my phone hence I went to the study room to retrieve the portable hard disk. The study room is now the room for my parents-in-law.
To my rude surprise, I found two of my digital cameras, my iPod and my MP3 player stashed tightly among the VCDs in the drawer, hidden from view. I had accidentally stumbled onto the loot my FIL had taken from my desk, intending to peddle them off for money! Shit.

How could he do that. I was very mad and confronted him. He just kept quiet. I told him to never do that again. The Nikkon camera was $800 and I had saved up for it, I told him angrily, my voice quivered. I feel more hurt than angry actually. Here I am washing, cleaning, feeding them almost perpetually and there he went stealing from me in my own home. That's too much. It was then that I remembered he has this habit of pawning away stuff at home but hey, it is not acceptable here.

So instead of a holiday rest, I spent the whole day emptying my study room and re-packing my bedroom. That's just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment