Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Living with an Old Folk

I think my father-in-law has Dementia.
He mistaken my jewellery for his wife's and used my diamond rings.
He resists putting on his pants.
He ate SIX buns in the middle of the night.
He removed hundreds of pills from its packaging.
He asked me to buy 4D for him again.
(my loose bills in the room went missing- this I didn't see him taking but it is missing)

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dementia (taken from Latin, originally meaning "madness", from de- "without" + ment, the root of mens "mind") is a serious loss of cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person, beyond what might be expected from normal aging. It may be static, the result of a unique global brain injury, or progressive, resulting in long-term decline due to damage or disease in the body. Although dementia is far more common in the geriatric population, it can occur before the age of 65, in which case it is termed "early onset dementia".[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment