Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 5 of 16 ~ On our Own

The confinement aunty left today. I almost shed a tear. I guess when there's some form of bonding, there surely will be feelings. I told aunty that if she comes to Singapore for a holiday or needs a room to bunk in, to feel free to call me and just stay with us. Gave her my number again and she also jotted down my mom's number.

Kiki had her BCG jab at birth and now the bum is showing on her left arm. Aunty said to watch out for it and to dab the area dry after bath. Said she might be crankier than usual and also to look out for slight fever if any. Said all the symptoms will go off in 3 days. Already Kiki was crying so much just now that I relented and let her have her milk before the 3 hours' up. The night is specially hard to handle. She cries in discomfort though we have fed her and also checked that the diaper was not soiled. I'm not sure if the BCG is the cause or is it the colic wind that I read about which will go off as the baby grows. I guess this is part and parcel of parenthood and I do hope that we have the skills, patience and stamina for this process. We are juggling with the amount of milk to give her, she used to be doing 2.5 oz per 3 hour but as her apetite increased, we gave her 3 oz, but now that the spilling of milk is happening more often, we reduced the amount back to 2.5 oz. Aunty said that at night, we cannot prolong the feed and should give her 2 oz just to let her have her fill and sleep for a longer period. I am getting a little confused here, whatever the case, during the day I will just stick to schedule or else I'll be busy feeding, burping, holding her inclined, and then shortly after,,, feed again! No, no. Got to train her to stick to 3-hour interval so that I can at least do my own stuff, not forgetting the full time duty of bathing, washing her clothes and swaddle napkins, plus taking care of my own diet and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment