Saturday, January 28, 2012

Snippets of Life

Kiki wants to do painting, despite us spending 20 minutes playing with the jigsaw puzzle. I was trying to buy my way out.
Me: "it's late, why don't we paint tomorrow, tomorrow I'll paint with you okay?"
Kiki: "No........., I wanna paint!"
Me: "I didn't sleep well last night, I need to go to bed now you know."
Kiki: "No........., paint Pororo" (cartoon)
Me: "Okay, I'll prepare for you, you paint by yourself ok? You can play by yourself okay?"
Kiki: "But I miss you ley!"
Me - stunned. Stunned again. :" what did you say?"
Kiki: "But I miss you LEY!" (by now she had tears in her eyes and her nose was turning rosy)
Me - walked over and have her a big hug. Forget about her using "ley",
forget about me being sleepy, she won. How does she ever know to express that? Does she even know what "miss" is or how it feels to miss someone? Hum.........?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is so sweet. As for the "leh", A1 was saying "no lah". Hee.

    ReplyDelete