Sunday, January 8, 2012

Returning to work

Six years ago I started work on 9th January. Six years on I am returning to work on the same date after 4 months break. It has been four months of good rest, excitements of being a mother again. Life is good. Even though it was tough, it was nevertheless good. Of course the marked events are the birth of Colin and also having to care for my father-in-law which was the most trying. Upon doctor's advise, we've checked him back into hospital for further observation because he was dizzy all the time. You know, he was a British soldier and was in the frontline defending our country at crossfires during WWII. That is also why I had tried my best to care for him when he was under my roof even though there were two occasions I had lost my cool but I let it go because he is not himself already. The courage and honour he deserves is under rated. So anyway, at the same time I know that the joyous time I could have with Colin is somewhat marred a little. Because there is just that amount of hours and energy in a day. However, I still am not so worn that I didn't enjoy motherhood, in fact I do enjoy it very much. Colin is such a sweetie, he chuckles and smiles readily. Rachael is ever so sweet, she tells me she loves me and shows me the hand sign. Brendan grew closer in a way he probably felt that I could open my arms to his family. My wish for my sis to fall in love again has somewhat developed. I feel much ..... I don't know, calmer as I age? I sure hope so. So, thanks for being part of my life, you know, writing my feelings and to chronicle my life is therapeutic. It's like using Dumbledore's pensive. So anyway, I am just grateful the good Lord let us have Colin and I've promised to continue to be a good person. I said this during the emergency while giving birth- "I may not be perfect but I am not a bad person. I promise to do good and continue to be the best that I can be. Please let me have this baby." And so a miracle took place. I didn't tell you that Colin's middle name is "King" because I was afraid I couldn't explain why. But I guess now I can tell you it's King because Christ/Life/Buddha intervened and gave me a chance. So yes, I am humbled beyond words. Let the year begin and I'll show you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment