Sunday, January 22, 2012

迎新春,过新年。

(reunion dinner at home)

(reunion lunch at the office)

You know, come to think of it, this is my 7th new year with my Parent company. It is scary to see how time flies. Seven years in a blink of an eye. I still have some of the clothings I wore that seven years ago, I still use them! And I still remember where I'd bought those clothes, the memory is so vivid it feels like last month. However, I don't quite recall the other years in between, year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. That only goes to show that my mind retains the most impressionable of events or experiences. The rest may be faded memory. I try to be more mindful of everything, good thing I have kept a blog to lock my memories. Anyway, my sis' newly met boyfriend came over for dinner yesterday. Can you imagine I made three pots of soup base from pork ribs, scallops and prawns since morning. That was to make up for the loss of culinary skills for everything else. Because everything else was just pre-cooked, processed stuff for the steam boat. Only fresh items were fish, prawn, and veggies. Nevertheless, it was a reunion dinner and everyone was understanding. Francis, on a first impression seemed a little small built. His size is almost like Bren's so they're considered small built. But well, that's not too much of a concern as long as he's healthy. He has a nice sense of humour, we laughed quite a bit. He's same age as me but I feel older, he looks darn young for his age. His dress sense is ha ha, a tad bengish. Well, I need to get to know him more before I can comment further but overall, he feels fine. Could be more than fine. At least he showed up. So anyway, I hope to see more of him and get to know him more. Because I love my sister and would want to continue sharing our lives together so, it is important to me that she marries someone whom will facilitate us being together rather than someone whom might put distance between us. I've always maintained that marriage should give you more freedom than prior to marriage. Marriage should empower you to do the things you didn't do before. Anyway, this is just my own notion about marriage. So anyway, this new year we'll see a new face - Francis. And I'm eagerly looking forward to all the house visitings and goodies, and card playing, and jokes, and kids. And towing Rachael and Colin along will be so fun, everyone's asking for them.

1 comment:

  1. Happy chinese new year. The kids look great in their new year clothes (via FB).

    ReplyDelete