Sunday, September 11, 2011

Arrival of Colin 28th August 2011, Sunday

Colin came early on 28th August, two Sundays ago.
He was 34.6 weeks when I had some complications and rushed to the hospital just in time for a "crash" operation. It was nerve wracking as it didn't looked good and the nurses, midwife and doctor were paled. Their hands trembled and they shouted: "Crash! Crash! We have to crash now! Now!" waterbag broke and gush of blood. I shall spare the details but the medical team worked at top speed, everything happened in a flash.

After the drama, baby Colin was delivered successfully but he had chest infection and had to be on antibiotics for one week at the NICU.

For now he is at the HD ward (high dependency ward) and is generally fine except that he sleeps so much and is not taking much milk. He suckles for 10 mins and falls asleep. He has to drink independently at least 45ml every three hours before the doctors will let him come home. For now, he drinks just 10, 15, 20ml and falls asleep. (why is he so sleepy? premeeies are like this, at least that is what I've read so far) The rest of the milk is being tube fed to him. I can't rush him but I really do wish his appetite will pick up soon.

Thank you, every one of my friends and family members, for the support, moral encouragement, prayers and positivity. We shall patiently wait for Colin to pick up speed and continue our journey with one addition to our family. I am excited with this and I'm raring to go, but for now, we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment