Monday, January 18, 2010

Hong Kong 2010

On some signages
Hong Kong on the whole suffered badly during the SARS epidemic in 2003. Tourism, retail and many sectors "got burned", hence they now are very serious about hygiene and cleaniness. Some public areas have a sticker that says "this handle is sanitized every 2 hours". That's how serious they are and I salute the efforts.
The Hong Kong Character City Campaign. 香港有品

香港 or not 香港, I feel that these virtues ought to be just everyone's basic character. We can take a learning from here. I mean, we had the Singa Courtesy Campaign for some 20 years until the government changed it to Kindness Campaign and now I don't know where we are at. (in my head there's still the jingles "you gotta show a little kindness, give a little kindness... blah blah".

No comments:

Post a Comment