Sunday, January 31, 2010

Art Jamming - 30th Jan, Saturday


Sometimes, I pretend to be normal.

Okay, this piece was inspired by the Birthday Card that Addy did for me.

She just has a knack for making collages, and an additional knack for making it in such a way that it means much to me.
Many people couldn't get it. They asked me to explain.
Two persons got it though. They gave me their votes. (Gee, thanks!)
One came up to me to say that the layout of the text was very clever. He said that he's in advertising and he knows that's clever. Oh well. Maybe he was just being nice.
The session has more caucasians than asians.
Okay, in case you really don't get it, it deplicts a woman letting it out while the wind blows into her face, hair and body. It's like giving a lungful Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr! into the air at the top of a hill. Freedom. And it says "sometimes, i pretend to be normal."
It's for sale at SGD 230.oo

No comments:

Post a Comment