Sunday, January 31, 2010

Art Jamming - 30th Jan, Saturday

This guy was so funny. Or was it my own joke.
(pointing to his canvas,) He asked: "Do you know what this is?"
Me: " Em.... I don't know"
He: "well, you see, it's an elephant." he explains in ernest.
I couldn't stop laughing.
Of course I knew he was deplicting elephant motifs. I liked that idea.
In fact, I wanted to ask if he was inspired from a recent trip to Thailand. But I didn't ask.
Cos it just reminds me of Jim Thomson's Thai silk prints.


I liked these two pieces. One reminds me of the movie -"what dreams may come" and the other reminds me of "kill bill". I identify with both lightness and darkness. Maybe that's what makes me a interesting person. Well, at least to me. And I will want to share all bits of me with Kiki.


I gave one vote to this piece. I think it stirred my maternal instincts that's why. Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment