Monday, January 18, 2010

Hong Kong 2010

Luckily for me, my sis also doesn't believe that we gotta eat at restruants all the time. For me, when travelling, I prefer to dine at outlets where the locals eat. And when I mean local, I don't mean fine dinning. Firstly, is to have a feel and taste of how it's like for the locals. That will give me a better and a true experience of their lives. So, we went to eateries where hordes of local students in their school uniforms go, and where the old uncles sit and eat their Tim Sums by the street. This way, we don't get a pretence of what the local food is like. And that's just the point. (no point #2).

Ever since I was hospitalized two years back for some intestine infection, I always remember to EAT MY GREENS.

The porridge there is really smooth, not grainy at all. Smooth and fragrant. We often head back to the eatry near our hotel for our dinner. Cannot count as dinner as it is normally past midnight. But then, it is really dinner cos we almost surely miss dinner at the normal hour.

As our intake is small, we ordered one dish and one serving and we share. They are kind of puzzled cos the locals eat big portions mostly.




We had Tim Sum at Miao Street 庙街
Shared a table with an uncle dining by himself. He later ordered the 小笼包 after we did.
The 小笼包 at the streets are much more soupy than the ones we had at the Macau food court.

The noodles are chewy and light. Very nice to the bite. This duck is not as good as the duck at the Macau food court but it is tender. Finally, I tasted the duck there and also the what you call it...... Bo Luo Bao 波罗包. The buttered and toasted 波罗包 is much better than the ones at the bakery.....well...

No comments:

Post a Comment