Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Domesticated

You know you've been domesticated when your heart aches when your sun-crisp clothings get drenched in a sudden downpour. That's the sign you've become Aunty. I've never used to fully empathize with aunties telling me - oh how their sun dried clothes got wet, until I go through weeks of washing, cleaning and regular chores. So far, it has been fun being a homemaker as I get to explore some culinary skills although it still takes me a rather long time to make dinner. Well, I should take heart that Brendan & Pam said the food was good, and my Aunt Helen was surprised that I could cook curry too. (with all those pre-mixed paste, who couldn't?!) But what I liked most about cooking is to play around with sauces & spices, as well as to put two unlikely items together; like I've spread garic butter onto wanton skin, fold them into triangular quarters then deep fry. It tasted so good, and it was an interesting dish too. I make Brendan guess what I've put inside but he couldn't guess it even after munching on five of them (!!!!!) Until I told him then he enjoyed the dish. (???) Well, I've always had a sharp tongue so I've always liked rich flavours.

Wasabi Prawns, Garlic Wanton, Lemon Juice for a dash of zest.



Wow, DIY curtains! Not bad at all.

Went to Spotlight to buy yards of lace cloth, cut them up into regular pieces and clip them on the window grills. Saved me a couple of hundreds $$, laces could still let the light in while shielding prying eyes. Luckily the stuff told me about those ring clips, or I would be sewing stud buttons on the laces (silly idea!) If you're wondering how much the curtain cost, it's $60 for all ten panels of my windows.


Salmon porridge. Smells great.

Those chilli padi stung my fingers for over 12 hours after I've removed the seeds (not joking).
Contemplating never to use them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment