Monday, February 11, 2019

Lost and Found Peace

Actually, this Marie Kondo's tidying concept is nothing new. 
We have learnt this in Reiki 20 years ago. (OMG......1999)
I had totally crashed the philosophy of tidying up and my house is not in an ideal condition for many years now. This is not just because I had no time, but also because my in-laws had double-handedly destroyed my home. Nevertheless, that phase has passed and it is time to live my life again. Resurrection. 
The other time when I practised tidying and decluttering, I threw away an old camera that was not working anymore. However, that lives to be a regret. Even though I had said my thanks and blah blah stuff to that camera, I still feel very sad to have thrown it away. There were too many memories attached to it. I shouldn't have taken decluttering so darn seriously. It didn't even take up any space. 
I am thinking to find another similar camera to replace the regret I feel, but I don't think I will be able to find something close to that. Furthermore, now we all use our mobile phone to take pictures, hardly will we carry an extra camera with us, charger, cables and all that jazz. 
I want to reconcile my regret, so this is a work-in-progress. I will look into this after I'm done with the first phase of decluttering my home now. 
Nonetheless, Marie Kondo's philosophy is not forcing people to discard their stuff. 
It is about valuing the things we use and letting go of things that have been spent or not in use. 
I used to feel overwhelmed by my untidy and messy home but I no longer feel that way now. 
I have gained a certain form of calmness and certainty that I am able to clean up my house. 
In fact, I am so at ease that I am very glad to have found this inner peace again. 
It is not that the task has been done, I think I will need three months just to give stuff away. 
But the certainty comes from a sense that my inner peace is in order. 
I have not felt like this for a long time. 
And then I think that generally, this shift in my outlook can be applied in many areas of my life. 
(Work, Kids, general worries, Relationships)
Given that I am easily prone to anxiety, I think this shift will bring me much comfort. 


Bye bye cutie dipper truck.
It beeps like a real truck, it moves forward and also reverses.
It is still working fine despite the masking tapes on its wheels. Colin went through a "masking tape phase" where he taped any toy he was playing with.


Scooter kicked to the library and boy...... my thigh hurt.....
Aging is a real thing.

We will assess a bruise, a cut or a serious gash and get appropriate treatment but we mostly dismiss emotional hurt, thinking they will not cause much harm. But some hurt doesn't just go away by itself, in fact, if you try to recall very embarrassing moments of yesteryears, you might still cringe over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment