Monday, February 18, 2019

Live and Let Live


There was a Mandarin Enrichment Centre that had a PR campaign over the weekend at selected McDonald's outlets. Kids under 12 could get a free Happy Meal when they order the meal in Mandarin. LOL....... all the kids were just repeating the script but still, they get the free meal.



Boarded this Taxi and told the Uncle that our destination is- Toh Heights.

Uncle kept shouting at me (I think he has hearing impairment) - Where? Where you wanna go?

I repeated the address and he exclaimed -- You don't know how to get there arh?

I was very mad. I replied that no, I do not know the route there, that is why I hail a cab.

Can I ask him the same question?  Whether he knows the way there since he is a licensed taxi driver.

He continued to accuse me of not knowing the route. Which I continued to reply that he is right, I do not know the route. 

Finally, he asked me to get off his taxi and I opened the door before his cab came to a halt. (dangerous move but I was angry).

After I'd alighted with Kiki, I was fuming mad while walking back to the taxi stand but I told myself to cool it off. Because nothing is worth being upset over an obviously senile or getting senile man. His cab made a U-turn and returned to the taxi stand where he picked up another passenger going to a destination he knows of.

I took a photo thinking to write a feedback but if I do that, it will affect his livelihood.

So I suppose, live and let live ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment