Monday, February 4, 2019

I was sick

I was sick for two days.
Had cough, runny nose and suppressed fever.
The thing is, the medicine made me groggy, and when I am groggy for a few days, I become depressive. I had very bitter thoughts and I became very unhappy. I did not want to tell anyone because I don't wanna affect anyone. Especially with the CNY festive mood round the corner.

I was reminded of the meds I took when I had to regulate my hormones during pregnancy.
I think those were VERY DANGEROUS PILLS.   They evoked a huge sense of worthlessness in me. I don't think I had been warned of the side effects but I am very certain of them.
I remember struggling between choosing to regulate my hormones for the sake of my baby in the womb, versus the overwhelming sense of worthlessness that I have to let them pass through me in emotional waves.

So when I had those blue moments from the recent suppressed fever, at first I didn't think there might be a connection to the meds but I eventually figured out the pattern.

I think mental health is just as important as physical health, if not more important.




 Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment