Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Goodbye to a Sweetheart



Validated as one of my favourite toys.

Hard to part with it not just because it's so cute, but also it was Colin's BD present.
But that boy doesn't play with it anymore, and he doesn't show much attachment to it.
It will be better to give it to a boy who would play with it.

When my sis texted to tell me I should have kept this, I felt a tinge of 舍不得。
I think I would review the things I am giving away more stringently from now on.
There are many things I feel I still want to use but they are currently taking up space (worksheets).
I need to have a bit more space before I could organise my stuff again, and to make space, I do need to give stuff away.

Steps:  (1) Give away stuff. (2) Make space to organise. (3) Make time to use the stuff (use the countless worksheets, books, flashcards with the kids)

When it comes to parting with items I like, it is always the "head versus heart" kind of running dialogue but I will get better at this, at deciding what to keep and what to say goodbye to.

For now, it's mainly Goodbye mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment