Wednesday, September 19, 2018

It's never too late to be a good person

So this morning, while I was walking to the bus stop (at 6.20 am), I thought to myself --- It is indeed never too late to change yourself, your mindset and to make a conscious choice to be a "good person". A good person may sound like a vague notion, like, you may think to yourself -- "Of course I'm a good person! What's she talking about!"  Ya. A good person is a tall order. If your feathers are easily ruffled and if you are unaware that you cast your angry vibes or that you bring your disgruntled vibes to the room, etc, you are not aware that you're not being nice or just being irresponsible, so how could you be good when you are not able to control your bad vibes?

So, anyway, ever since about a week ago that I have decided to never willfully be disgruntled, it has been really good for me. It is refreshing to heighten my self-awareness, to call out on my own faults. I will refrain from any exaggeration, I will refrain from any feelings of exasperation and I will deepen my patience and refrain from any easy-trigger annoyance, plus, I will recognize any form of frustration even before it starts to brew. 




 So anyway, every time I try to up my own game, there will always be tests to test my theories. 

And today was the day the MRT had a glitch and I was totally cool.  Only, still, I think the SMRT is lagging in their SOP in handling public announcement (they gave the social media updates faster than they gave passengers who were on board the train)  and their post-incident public reply only gave the public feelings of being gaslighted, it was poor PR and poor handling but I have no unusually spiked response, I am as cool as a cucumber. 

I only felt empathy for the people who were visibly anxious (Students) and those people who had to call their supervisors urgently on the phone to explain the circumstances (maybe they needed to punch-card / clock-in on their office attendance timer) You would never know how some working environment is as controlling as 40 years ago, the obsession with being clockwork punctual without a hint of humanity is sadder in today's context than 40 years ago because some organizations still think it is relevant and uphold ruling by fear and reward.  Anyway, I hope we all evolve to be more humane, the sooner the better. 


Since I didn't want to fret over how to get to work because looking at the thick crowd, I think it is pointless to sweat and squeeze, elbowing each other to board the buses.

So I 'gave up' and went for Roti Prata, and texted my colleague to ask if he could kindly pick me.


No comments:

Post a Comment