Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Toys

DAISO is a place that sells every item for $2.
We went there last Sunday as Maricar is buying some toys / gifts for her two girls.

I ended up buying lots of play things for Kiki.

Stickers with a storyboard.

Kiki loves to play "mechanic". She spends hours "fixing" her "bicycle-bike". (She terms her two-wheel bike as bicycle-bike maybe because it looks like a motorbike but it is non-motorised. She associates motorbike with "roar"- noise).
So, we were delighted to find a tool kit for this purpose.
She says "screw driver!"

We have lots of fun with these. She shoots the ball into our neighbour's house. Giggling all the while.

We used to have these "plastic balloons", a gel-like paste that could be blown into lightweight, "balloons/bubbles" when we were young but they were banned in Singapore since,,, I don't know when but it has been a long time.
I hope these material from DAISO will be better than those from Kinokuniya as the ones I've got from the latter were disappointing. The balloons don't hold up and tear with the slightest handling. I was more disappointed than Kiki -_-
Maricar, on seeing my dismay, told me these are very cheap in Philippines and easily available. She asked her friend to get some for us. She said would cost barely 5 cents or so.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh. $2? I will come buy tons in Nov. Hope to catch up with you then and see the new baby.
    ~~sohcool

    ReplyDelete