Friday, July 15, 2011

Shift (In Perspective)

This is probably not a very good way to break a great news but I really had a shift in perspective just few seconds ago and I thought I would jot it down.

I am 28 weeks pregnant and we are having a boy (smile!!) Estimated Delivery Date: 3rd October.

Unlike many mothers-to-be, I am not overly happy as I have always been pre-occupied with worries. Worry about complications and worry about pre-mature labour.
It didn't help that I have a low placenta and my gynea keep telling me - "Make sure no bleeding, no waterbag burst and no cramps" How unsettling to be reminded at each visit.

My shoulder on the left have been buzzing with an ache that starts when I sit down at my work station, work stress, high sugar level, high blood pressure.

I thought, I really ought to do something about it. The stress, I mean.
I am so good at controlling stress that I deny it very well!

And so I texted a Malay lady masseur to make an appointment for pre-natal massage.

***
Me: "Hi Aunty Ida, my friend's wife recommended you to me. May I make an appointment for pre-natal massage with you tomorrow 10am"

Ida: "I'm sorry I'm taking a break because my son just passed away"

(me, shocked)

Me: "Oh, I am very sorry to hear that. Please take care."

Ida: "Can I call you when I'm feeling okay?"

Me: "Sure."

Ida: "Thanks."
***

There are far worse things than work stress, mental stress, worries about future and finances.
I must unwind and really let it go.
Maybe I could go for a swim tomorrow. It will help to relief my very tensed neck.

I can't tell my friends to relax when I myself am not really truthful to that mantra.
Let there be light, let there be peace, and let me be free.

1 comment:

  1. I believed there is a way to let stress out. Maybe different situation needs different ways but find the way. Is the problem within your control? Yes - Just do what you need to do. NO - Let it be as it is not within your control by being worried. Well... that's what I remind myself at least... Hei... I think I handled better than before. I just needa let it out and had tried different ways of doing so. Michael will be great and fine. No worries. Do you part and continue to be healthy too.

    ReplyDelete