Monday, April 11, 2011

Of Little Things

(1)
As I lay lazing on mattress, feebly coaxing my baby to take forty winks,
she said, "Mama, bird - Aar! Aar! Aar! Aar!"

"No, a bird doesn't sound like this."

She stood her ground. "Bird, Aar! Aar!"

I stretched my ears and listened. Aar! Aar! Yes, the pitch was distinct and distant.
Indeed, crowing sounds like this.


(2)
She inched sheepishly nearer. Flexed her calves and pried on the Nachos I savoured. Here you are, I gave her half a piece.

"Mama, thank you." she ate and told me softly.

You're welcomed, drink some water please.

"Cheers" she knocked her cup against mine.


(3)
Feeling hurt?

Kiki and our neighbour uncle are fond of each other like grandfather & grand daughter. She holds conversations with uncle at the door, and uncle understands her baby-babbles. She runs to the gate each time a "clink or click" came from the door opposite. "Uncle", she would greet in her sweet voice.

Of late, she was withdrawn.

I think she was hurt the few times she called out to uncle and uncle ignored her.
Uncle was unwell last month and was probably preoccupied in his thoughts or wasn't in a mood to respond. Since then, uncle is now well, up and about. But Kiki retreats.

I explained to her that sometimes, people indulge in themselves especially when they are worried. I hope soon, the amicable pair would rekindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment