Friday, December 17, 2010

Variations



Self-made charts, I am making more of these and have these in powerpoint.
If you want them, please let me know.
Meantime, I've already got these ready for Ryan (22 mths), Wynelle (17 mths) & Nicklaus (6 mths). These are the few children within my vicinity.

Last Sunday, while at my mother-in-law's place, I was telling my MIL how Kiki could recognize pictures and on a spur-of-the-moment, I sketched a wedge of cheese on some scrap paper and held it up to Kiki, half thinking that she wouldn't recognize this ugly-looking cheese as it looked so different from the flash card version she has at home but she surprised me when she said - Cheese!

Wow.
I mean,,, it was a rough sketch and she could recognize it.

Then, the idea came to me to do up a variety of nouns so that her awareness is expanded.
Also, I would also impart to her the concept of relativity as well as concept of context.
For example: you don't just say an elephant is big.
An elephant is big compared to a mouse or a horse but an elephant is not bigger than a blue whale for instance. So, we give variations and range.

In the process of motherhood, I learn, un-learn and re-learn. And I would wish for wisdom, compassion, competency and connectedness.

1 comment:

  1. I should pass you my kids' books. I still have books which I read when I was young, like very young. I enjoyed them very much and probably still do.... I hope I still have this set of 4 Disney encyclopedia books. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete