Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Shining, New, Bicycle!

Last week, I went out for lunch with my colleagues and chanced upon this bicycle store at the mall. I didn't plan on purchasing a bicycle for Kiki because all the bicycles or tricycles I've came across are not age appropriate. The seats are too far away from the paddles and are normally suitable for toddlers aged two and above. So Lo and behold! I was over-delighted when I saw this cute number and to add to the sweet deal, its seat is adjustable!
It is suitable for toddlers of 18 months to 3 years and cost SGD 130.
Kiki is learning, albeit slowly, to use its paddles, and for the time being, she is just as delighted with her shining, new bike as I am.
Almost every person remembers the joy of having his first bicycle.
I remember my dad kept the surprise for me in his room and let me discover it one night.
I think that night I cycled round and round in our small apartment and in the kitchen till past midnight. I don't think Kiki will remember any of this (bicycle episode) as I think early memory starts around age 4 to 6. Anything before it may be fleeting. Nevertheless, I hope that this blog serves as a chronicle and will give her a glimpse at our regular lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment