Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mom's BD


Mom's BD was on the 18th of October. I am really not a food person and won't know caviar from ikura (salmon roe). For me, it's always the place least crowded that I'll settle for. Quite against the logical rule where the highly sorted after outlets are deemed the best. And so, when mom came by for her birthday, we walked into the Chinese restaurant where all the tables were empty.
Surprisingly, the dishes were quite delightful. I think you can never go wrong with Xiao Long Bao (little dumplings). The small bundle instores a squirt of soup that bursts from its wrapped skin and gives so much delight to the mouth, yum, yum! The spinach dish was exceptionally tasty with a whiff of burnt garlic within the soup. I will surely return to that restaurant for more.
You may find it morbid but I will tell you this,,,,,,,, I put on my dad's watch everytime we have a family event. You know, it is my way of having him there. (see the red arrow pointing to the watch I was wearing). I don't grieve over the passing of my dad but it doesn't mean I don't miss him. There is still a sting to my heart when I miss him and I just thought he would surely liked to be there, and so, I put on his watch on some small, private, family occasions like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment