Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple

Last evening, Kiki flipped a flashcard and said "Air Pul"....
To my surprise, the card shows a few rows of green apples.
Wow! I was grinning from ear to ear.

"Maricar! Maricar!" I exclaimed. "Did you teach her this?"-- pointing to the green apples.
Maricar taught her the other apple that is on the wall of Kiki's bedroom, it is a red apple, not green, but nevertheless, seems like Kiki recognizes apples now. It was the first time Kiki verbalized the word without prompting.

Just that morning, she recognized her name- Rachael.
"Ayecher" she said.
I asked "What's your name?"
She repeats "what's your name?" (non-accurately but close enough for me to figure it out)
I prompted: "Rachael",, she said "Ayecher", and as the day unfolded, she said Ayecher a few more times, like recounting a nice sounding word.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Speak to her more often, in no time, she'll be a chatterbox! She somehow can already speak in a sentence. If I heard it correctly a few times!

    ReplyDelete