Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some Roles Are Not To Be Outsourced

Work has been busy the past two weeks. Never a dull moment.

One some days, it can be quite taxing, hence I've decided to get some excercise at least to break a sweat and get the heart pumping. It helps to relief stress. But I only do this on a weekend as time on a weekday is lean. By the time I settle in after bath and dinner, it is past eight. Any waking moment is to be spent with Kiki, be it just watching her roll over her tummy. This makes my weekends more precious than they used to be.

Today has been a wonderful day as I feel productive. I let Kiki sit on my lap and we played with the few hanging mobile toys for about half and hour. Then we did some reading. She was especially responsive to Dr. Seuss' little book--I think it is tittled "Mr. Brown", I'm not quite sure. The rhymes go Moo Moo, Hoo Hoo, Pop Pop, Klop Klop. etc. and that is supposedly funny as Kiki would giggle after I do Pop Pop & Klop Klop. I have decided to make the effort to hold her and play with her whenever I have the chance because I realised that she was being overly sticky to the maid. It does takes quite a bit of effort on my part because frankly, I would rather be doing my other stuff, but I've decided that I have to part-take in the process of not just bringing up a kid but to be involved and stay connected. It is easy to delegate the job to the maid now that Kiki is so comfortable with her but it is wrong of me if I take that for granted. I do know that I need time to be alone, you know, do my own stuff but I also need to bear in mind that a relationship has to be nurtured eventhough it is with my own baby. I think being the bearer does not give you the immunity, on my part, I've got to be there too. Hence, I've been feeding her whenever I have the opportunity, I also sleep with her, and we will be going out of the house more often from now on. Let's have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment