Monday, August 17, 2009

Yesterday, when I was young.


A Song original by Roy Clark

"Yesterday, when I was young, So many happy songs were waiting to be sung, So many wild pleasures lay in store for me, And so much pain, my dazzled eyes refused to see I ran so fast that time, and youth at last ran out, I never stopped to think, what life, was all about, And every conversation, I can now recall, Concerned itself with me, and nothing else at all.."
***

PW, Val & Allen came over on Saturday evening. Val & Allen have not met PW before, although they are all old friends. It was unplanned. I normally wouldn't mix my friends together because I respect that we have differnt topics & interests and mainly because I am a private person and I would not like it if I go to a small, cosy gathering and there're people I don't know. Hence, I would normally give my friends my personal attention.
Anyway, we all had a great time laughing a lot after dinner plus 3 bottles of wine.
Somewhere in between, there was a feed for Kiki.
She's a cool baby, she just stared at us with a frown, as if asking what the hell we're doing.
It was just so funny. The night, I mean.
So back to how this entry came about...
The kitchen was cramp because I haven't cleared up the 3 luggages lined along the wall.
One of which I finally did it yesterday.
It contained my photographs of yester-years, mostly those from age 14 till now.
I told Bren that I was pretty when I was young. He was so kind he said it is natural to age and that I am still beautiful. (he's always so sweet to my esteem)
I also said I've lived a full life. (Drama mama; as if I was gonna die!)
And then I threw most of the photos away, after one last reminisce.
But seriously, life has been real fun and I can be sure Kiki will enjoy having me as a mom, cos hey, I don't know of any mother would plans to stay at Dinsneyland for the whole week. Yes, I surely look forward to that. We'll eat, dream, sleep, shit, Disney. (oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment