Friday, August 7, 2009

Playground


On Wednesday, I took leave as I am clearing some of my annual leave from 2008. The off day is very valuable now that I have a baby and could spend some time with her. Or else there is barely an hour each night that I have with her cos babies have little attention span for you. I am very grateful that she smiles when she sees me. On Wednesday, I also had to bring Wasi for the 6-monthly check up as required by Ministry of Manpower. They have to ensure that foreign workers do not have a baby bred here. The tight control is necessary or our country's population profile may go hay-wire. Kiki was very restless without her nanny as she is too used to being carried in a Sarong. I could sitmulate the resemblance by putting her in a Sarong but when I was out of the house, my mom couldn't handle Kiki by herself. She panicked and gave me an SOS call. Well, at least now I know for sure that my mom really is not equiped to care for my baby independently. She can remain as a supervisor and I am grateful for that already. To be fair, I've told my mom to go for a job if she finds something suitable. As she is still healthy and mobile, she should be out socializing and having a gainful employment since I am unable to give her an allowance that would come close to a monthly salary. As for me, returning to work was supposedly something to look forward to but the dynamics of my office has changed and I am pretty upset about the outlook. Nevertheless, I trust that as long as I give my best performance and keep a positive outlook, the Universe will reward me with goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment