Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend 8th & 9th August

Aunt Lily invited us to join an informal gathering at my Grandpa's place on National Day.
Initially, I wanted to decline as I was feeling lazy. I would much prefer to stay at gome and do my ususal stuff. But after giving it some thought, I decided that I shouldn't be lazy and should make an effort to bring Kiki out for visitings. Hence, with Kiki & Kakak (a common term for a child to address the maid as "elder sister") in tow, I took a taxi to my grandpa's place. Brendan wanted to stay at home to do area cleaning, and he wasn't into such gathering too, hence we left him alone.

Kiki has high endurance for noise. The TV was blasting at vol 35 notches and everyone was shouting, that was the way we communicate at my grandpa's place. My grandpa has a nickname-- "thunder-voice" and he speaks as though he was in a confrontation. Kiki did well, except for later into the night, she became restless and was crying more than normal. Well, at least she socialized with many of my cousins, including Aunt Serene's sisters & one from Japan. All twenty of us sang the National Athem at the closing of the NDP.

Monday was a holiday-in-lieu and we had a day off. Harjit came over with Arakah and we went for vegetarian lunch. I was so sleepy I fell asleep while Harjit was chatting with Brendan in the kitchen. It must have been the body massage I had the day before. Sometimes, my body detoxifies a day after a massage and it simply shuts down and doze off. Well, it is a good sign that my body responds to this form of healing and I plan to have massages more often.

Kiki was very restless last night. She is rubbing her gums with her mittens so much that the side of her lower lips are slightly bruised. She still doesn't know how to hold the teething toys to her mouth and I can see she is getting edgy and frustrated. I saw that her lower gums are "whittish" and I suspect that she's teething. I think the teething toys are the best bet now and we could only give her extra TLC. She is also refusing the pacifier as well as not finishing her milk. I hope my maid can give her extra care at this time. Meanwhile, I've briefed my mom to keep a lookout on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment