Monday, January 7, 2019

Weekend of Jan Oh Nine


Saturday: Our violin lesson went super accelerated, teacher completed teaching one, whole, new piece- Bach's Gavotte, within an hour.... luckily we managed to book her tutor for helping lessons on Sunday. However, we are still to work hard on this. 

Bought a new violin case for $70 at Strings shop-- J.X Young, 5th Floor, Orchard Central. I prefer this shop than Synwin at Marina Square but anyway, it's good to patronize a few shops for various merchandises so that you get to know what's good at where. I got to JX for bows, I will not wish to go Synwin for bows after they sold me an ordinary $30 bow for $195 and did not own up even when I went to rehair that misrepresented ordinary bow. I had only found out about that bow after visiting JX. Anyway, I prefer JX no frills customer service. Although the boss may seem like curt or gives one-word answers, no time to chat with customers as his hands are always busy repairing some instruments, I still find that they are much more approachable than the staff at Synwin. Gramercy is not bad but they will always pressure me to service our violin (like how the Dentist will tell you to do scaling every six months).  


Headed for dinner @ Kanshoku Raman Bar, Orchard Central. 
then went Tokyu Hands for my cosmetics replenishment 


Sunday:  after swimming lesson. 
His lesson is now at a later time slot, so we finished late and overall, our Sunday morning will be longer while night shorter. 
We bumped into Colin's classmate twice this weekend, once at Chinese and another time at Swimming. She had "make-up" class for the sessions she missed, that's how we met. Otherwise, we would not have bumped into each other. 

 @ Singpost Centre (Paya Lebar)
$14.60 

Mailbox design during my era. 

There were ten people in front of him, but he still wants to queue. 

 Cheater, no more stock of that promotional flavour- Pandan, and they didn't think to inform the queue who were obviously all wanting to try that new flavour. (he walked away after learning there was no Pandan)


I stopped him from leaving the counter; told him he could choose the normal, Vanilla flavour if he wants. Pause and relax, don't be reactive. 




Monday: Start of the working week. 
You can't tell that this dress is quite nice... my first DvF dress. Not their signature wrap-dress, I've got a shift dress, but it's alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment