Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Texas, Odessa

The moment I woke up at 6am on 18th August, I sprang into action (work), non-stop until I got back to Singapore on 27th August. I have never worked this hard from dusk till dawn for 10 days & nights in a row. It was tiring but fun. I had very little time to myself as I had to work and also to entertain the key, important customer. I had only remembered I didn't take a selfie on day 4 of my trip..... so you can imagine I was seriously very occupied with work. LOL.


 SIN to LAX, transit via Houston to Midland, Odessa (Texas)



Sky of Midland 

Was 11 pm,  after 24 hours of travelling, we've finally reached our motel that didn't have a minibar..... no food for I lost count of the number of hours I had not eaten. AND, there is no water. Had to buy from vending machine at USD 2 per bottle of plain water, all using my own money.. tips and small food items & water.


 Cozy lobby

Perspired so much that I had to do my own laundry as soon as I had the chance.
Again, all these misc expenses are on my own. there aren't receipts for self-operating laundromats. Anyway, I am lazy to keep tracks of misc expenses. I don't have a habit of tracking expenses.

 Where we stayed.


Sharp Objects (episode 7)
I was watching this before leaving for Texas. Was surprised to catch the next episode there.

Roaming Rabbits



 Day 1 Waffles
 Day 2 Waffles
 Day 3 Waffles
Day 4 Waffles
I will miss the Waffles and the Odessa Skies the most.









 But I won't miss the sunburn (94 fahrenheit = 34.4 deg)


Food & Transportation are two big hassle at Odessa.
There is no 7-11 convenient stores, the Taxis when booked, doesn't show up, the restaurants are constantly full house, the delivery service takes 3 hours; we are left with the 'best' option which is to order take-out, which also takes averagely an hour.


I'd requested the Inn manager to open the Breakfast Corner for us so that we could all eat there instead of going back to our rooms to eat because I don't want food smell in my room..... and I feel that we should eat together. You know, eating together creates bond.
I bought Coke from the vending machine and laid out the table.




 
 Our Manufacturer's equipment (Workover Rig)

I shouldn't have joked about it (Oops)

Almost right away, we dived straight into getting things done..... there were a lot of missing matters and we didn't leave till 9pm +++ and I didn't eat till 11.30pm.... it was a very long day. No one expected that there were so much work needed, but everyone chipped in, everyone stayed.



 Sustained by 1 hot dog bun

 and 1 lunch which I couldn't finish eating (perhaps due to work stress)

 Our Baby

Solving problems after problems.
Incredible us.

 Finally, my customer's customer invited me to take a photo when we were generally done.
"Generally done"; because there are still very pressing outstanding matters to be completed within 2 weeks.


The Guys & I 




No comments:

Post a Comment