Friday, August 3, 2018

Stains

Evening of 2nd August 2018




Every morning, I observe that some loving parents dutifully accompany their kids at the bus stop, just to watch their kids board the bus. Some of the parents are well groomed but they are not dressed for work, while some parents look like they're still in their pajamas. (not judging, just observing). I also take a look at their body language, the kids seem very well mannered and they do chit-chat with their parents while waiting for the bus. It makes me wonder if really, such patient and loving effort plays a vital role in shaping the mannerism of the child. I wonder if I had a parent sitting with me or walking me to school, would I turn out different. Not that I am any bad but I had spent too much time getting rid of baggage and turning obstacles into strengths, if you know what I mean. 


Kiki told me that her class is learning the Ukelele and playing the song "Faded" on the instrument. She says that she and another boy, play the tune well and were made to lead the class. 
I asked if she could play "Faded" on the violin but she doesn't know if she can, she says she has to experiment with it. I wonder how would a teacher be able to conduct teaching the Ukelele to a class of 38?  That's a lot of children, isn't it?  Anyway, I went to search for some vids and found a cool clip. (above)


A 1982 movie: "Ladies & Gentlemen, The Fabulous - Stain!" 

40 years ago, when Fans of rock bands realise that they've been hoodwinked into buying "senseless" merchandise, spending money unnecessarily or unknowingly; they get angry and they act out by throwing drinks in the face of their 'idol'.   Fast forward 40 years, Fans willingly spend and splurge, they don't mind making their idols rich because they love them. They also don't mind being hoodwinked. They don't mind spending atrocious sums for concert tickets. They don't seem to have a mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment