Thursday, June 2, 2016

Getting into perspective


So my sis sent me a few captioned posters etc. and one of them was in Chinese.
It goes something along the line of - let go of stress, be less uptight, after all, your life is only about 30 thousand over days. 

And that kinda woke me up a little.

If I start with the end in mind, everything becomes unimportant. Which is also not quite right.
But surely I would treasure every single day, wouldn't I?  I mean I would be 43 years old in a couple of months, and if I am lucky enough to live another 43 years, there's only fifteen thousand, six hundred and ninety-five days left!

A newborn might have 31 thousand days, but I'm left with 15 thousand days if I am lucky to be healthy and active. That's not a lot of days. That's just seeing the sun rise for another 15 thousand times.
A countdown app, counting down 43 years from today. That's 15,705 days away.

 The clock is ticking!
Make every day count!
If I have 15 thousand living days left, I want every day to be a wonderful one! Seriously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment