Monday, June 13, 2016

ENT



Dinner with customer. 

The night before, I told Kiki that I would be having dinner with my customer the following night. 
Kiki protested, she asked how could I go out with a stranger. She reminded me- Stranger -- Danger. (a phrase her childcare taught).

I laughed and explained that "customer" is not those retail shopping centre customer, this customer is  a friend, a person I've met several times before. She then asked- What's his name. I told her his name. She asked- How old is he?  I thought for a while, well I do not know for sure. She went on-- What is his date-of-birth? I was like-- How will I know?  She said- See, you don't know his birth date, how can he be your friend? I was like floored by her logic. 

Guess what? Last Friday was my customer's birthday. 
He had been swarmed with work till he had forgotten his own birthday until that morning his wife reminded him and supposedly planned for dinner but he didn't want to cancel ours so he carried on with our appointment. 

As my colleague and client had no idea where to go for dinner, I suggested George's (at East Coast Park) since my client enjoys live bands. Good thing he was immersed with the live music and had enjoyed the evening. The band was at its top form that night and we stayed for all three sets.






No comments:

Post a Comment