Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Random Weekday



My acupuncture shop is under renovation, hence their staff are temporarily at Cuppage Centre. I think that building is now called Starhub something. That exact site used to be where my mom worked, at the Cuppage Market. and I remember my dad had a Spice stall there too. I remember the glass jars, different coloured powder spices. The florist at the basement, the vacant holding area where we; kids would play Catching and Zero-point. The Goreng Pisang stall on third floor. The connecting bridge to Centre Point. There was a period my uncle got the contract with SIA and supplied the fruit basket to the airline. My cousin XL, JY and I had an interesting time helping with the production, I mean the assembly of the fruit baskets. We run up and down from basement to first floor countless times a day. It was our school holiday and we helped for a month. First we take the empty baskets to the florist who would arrange the holder with that green dry sponge thingy, add orchids and spray mist. Then we would transport the baskets to my uncle's fruit stall, two baskets at a time, run up and down. Then my uncle would select the BEST fruits and arrange them in the basket. Mangoes and two other tropical fruits. He would then shrink wrap the fruit basket and we would place the baskets in a bigger plastic basket, tie it the cargo way, and lower the basket down to the car park loading area via the side balcony. The driver (who was my other uncle), would then load the fruit baskets and deliver them to the airport. It was time consuming and labour consuming. But that was such. 

 Ordered some make-up stuff from my colleague who does online shopping sprees.


 This rig, the real thing, broke record by drilling into a well in 3.98 days.
Of course it was big deal for them, it was encouraging news for the industry but at the same time, the entire oil & gas market is crashing like nobody's business. I can't even begin to say what happened. Listed companies de-listed. Massive retrenchments. It is a worrying thing for us, being a small supplier. I hope we would survive.

 Meanwhile, it's haze again...



No comments:

Post a Comment