Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Marrying Marketing and Social Cause


I have long since read social marketing messages with a filtered mind because I know that marketing messages have to evolve and become more creative than traditional advertising. However, I do know that the drawback of my sweeping, nonchalant attitude is not that right, because I may not have given myself the chance to be aware of social causes that may truly need help.

As I browsed through an old magazine while I was at the stationary-bike, I casually read about where the artists drew their inspirations from for their artwork contributions to build awareness on autism together with Kiehl's.

Particularly intriguing is the contribution by George Young.
He drew an abstract chrysanthemum with 100 petals and coloured one petal blue.
(blue is the adopted colour for autism awareness campaigns like "Light it up Blue")
This reflects the statistics that globally, one in one hundred children is being diagnosed with having some degree of autism. I think that George brings across the message in that chrysanthemum, fabulously fine. At least he made me sit up a little. Further into the short write-up, I learn that George has two brothers who are autistic; one severe and the other, moderately-severe. No wonder he could bring it out, I thought to myself. 


Other artists like Michelle Chong who has a friend whose autistic niece sometimes refuses to be dressed-up after a shower, drew three peas in a pod but she word-play it as "3 Peace in a pod"
Love, Joy, & Happiness; 3 Peace.

the other celebrities are DJs- Jean Danker and Mike Kasem.

Well, if you are scouting for skin care products or cosmetics, you might like to give Kiehl's a try. (I'm using their sunscreen and BB cream, in case you're wondering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment