Monday, October 21, 2013

Last Friday Night

I was goofing on my iphone since it was Friday.
Fridays have a very special meaning for me.
For most part of my childhood, I get to go home on Fridays (or Saturdays)
I lived my life for Fridays. Pining and yearning to go home for a night or two, and then multiply the yearnings for twelve years, and then add another three adolescent years. And one day, the yearning stopped. There was enough anger to occupy whatever is left. 
Everyone gets 52 weeks in a year, and that is about the number of times I get to see my parents and my dear little sister. It is never enough and I grew up a little twisted up there in the head and halfway in heart department. So ya, Friday nights have always been meaningful to me.

So anyway, when I began work, Friday nights are drunken nights. and if there is enough budget, make it Saturdays too. Sundays are for sobering up, facial day and ironing day. And so it was.

Then one day, I went for therapy. To let go of my emotional baggages. And I was free.

I don't miss partying and I don't miss getting drunk. Occasionally, I join some friends to party after turning them down for a dozen times and if they still ask. LOL.





Some call these "selfies", I just call it camwhoring. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment