Monday, August 26, 2013

An outing

Kiki's music teacher had too many tickets in hand hence we helped her lessen her monetary loss buy purchasing two tickets from her and also took the chance to learn to appreciate the orchestra. She bought the tickets in support of her former student, whom I think, is the main violinist. (I didn't ask for details)

Indeed it was a mind opener (for me), the sound from the violin is beautiful, and I can never, ever, imagine that the orchestra could make a perfect, single note, in great force at a time-perfect pitch. I was taken aback by the energy of that single, concerted beat.

It was also good for the kids to hear from the musician that he had practised daily for 3 to 4 hours when he was young.






 After the concert,
 She studied the menu and pleaded to eat there. (she needn't have pleaded)



(of course the waitress didn't know the spelling to her name and missed an "a", but it was a nice surprise for Kiki)



Then we went to the Library @ Esplanade for a stroll, and surprise, surprise, the whole library is a flim maker's haven.So much resources on film making. Not to mention a dozen "shelvesful" of DVDs! To boot, there are screening rooms for rent if you so wanna watch any of the movies, which could also be on loan.
Wow, I was so impressed that I thought- if I were dating, this will make an ideal pastime! Haha.
The screening rooms are so cosy, the only thing lacked are booze and sticks. Haha.

Rows and rows of movies, I'm so going back there!

And before we headed home, we sat by the bay for a while. 


 And she goofed up and down the steps in self-entertainment.







No comments:

Post a Comment