Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hi-5 in Singapore




The Hi-5 programme was acquired by the giant corporate - Disney, earlier this year in June.
It's like every good thing gets absorbed by a bigger corporation. Just like several of the key equipment we sell, have either been acquired by big-boys or the manufacturer sets up their own presence here and we, the middleman, faces the axe. A little gloom for me as it gets tougher with sales target up, expenses up and key products down. Hope that my boss will inject some new business strategies to propel us on. I keep thinking I've got to maintain at least status quo income and living standard for the next twenty years and the thought itself is rather daunting. A life-coach once advised me that the ideal planning outlook should pan over five years and not stretch over the horizon that is too far away to do anything about. But the thing is that I feel hapless even thinking about the next five years. The state I'm in is like "make-hay-while-sun-the-shines" and I don't think that's a good state-of-mind. Well, I can only hope that with each step I walk, I am equipped with resources, surrounded by supportive people, and that importantly, I enjoy and make each moment of my life, count.

No comments:

Post a Comment