Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November O-nine (Prelude)





It's only 3rd Nov and I've had two birthday celebrations already.
How am I to stick to my diet plan. I've so gruelingly lost 2 kg and I've got 7 more to go.

The first session was at the office, it's a monthly birthday party for staff.

The second one was a nice surprise, as it was supposed to be Joy's farewell dinner.

Met my ex-colleagues from some 16 years ago, for dinner at this Japanese restaurant that serves superb sashimi and oysters. And some creative, delicious sushi from the chef. I can say that again. I really wish to bring everyone there to savour, but first, I want to shed some weight.

Last night's farewell dinner was for Joy, she is going home. She's been working in Singapore for 17 years and her work has brought her back to Manila. I never did think she wouldn't want to live in Singapore forever. Already, at dinner, half of my friends would want to retire somewhere other than in Singapore and some are already residing elsewhere.
I wish Joy the best, continue to be joyous, purposeful and to live her dreams.
I really love this bunch of people.
After the birthday song, G. asked :"so how old are you?"
"I'm 36! BOO HOO HOO!" I mock-sobbed.
"Hey! That's insulting him, her, her and her!" PW said.
G still can't stop reminding me that when he first knew me, I was 20.



No comments:

Post a Comment