Saturday, November 28, 2009

Me painted me painting




Okay, so this is my maiden piece of work.

Unlike most seasoned attendees who have an inkling of what they were gonna paint, I had not a single idea of a theme. I stood staring at a canvas that I've painted blue. And so I thought, what the heck, I've had a great day and I shall commemorate the day. So I painted the shadow of myself holding the paintbrush in its exact location that was casted on the canvas. Then I realised that I've always wore my watch on my right eventhough I am a right-hander, but I drew my watch nevertheless, and since it represents time and I just had my BD, I dotted 36 dots on it, symbolising my age. I joked that I could add a dot on each of my BD. Earlier on that day, my hairdresser informed me that I had more strands of white hair on the right side of my head. The left has fewer whites. And so I drew it too. Then, I accidentally knocked my pallet onto my painting and it created a broken dash. I guess in life sometimes shit happens but you can always utilise the situation. And so I made it a brighter dash of white. Next, I feel that a painting should be something good to look at from afar and should also entertain when viewed near. So I added tiny people jumping freely and happily off the cliff and swam toward freedom. An hour and two glasses of whites later, I finally added the "moon" but to me it was life coming in a full circle. It also symbolises that the future is "paintable". While painting the circle, two drips of paint dripped onto the canvas. It is again a reminder that shit happens and sometimes it's okay to just accept it.
And so it is.
A few girls got so tickled by my concept and they said there's so much thoughts and humour in it. Four of them gave me their votes. Thanks girls!
I was so elated at the fun I'm having that I took a picture of it and MMS to a few people I care about (or whom I think cares about me!) It was only later that I've realised it was past eleven pm... sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Am enjoying your enjoyment in painting. I have always wanted to take real classes in painting as well. Maybe I will talk to you about your classes when my hol starts next week. Till then cuzzie....

    ReplyDelete