Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Art Introduction


Finally, I've finally signed up for an art class.
Painting is something that I've always want to pursue.
I dabble a little here and there but I've never learned the fundamental.
I thought that my sketches are great, until I see the others' paintings, and I would wonder if I could ever have that kind of standards.
The art class I've joined is wonderful. The coach says please don't call him "teacher/coach/instructor", just call him by his name. He says because he may also be learning from us. So he said, just be yourself, learn the fundamentals and PAINT!

I attended the introductory workshop with a pen and note pad. But they were not used. Instead, right away we were taught to set up our stations and paint immediately. There were only one other girl (Yolanda) and I who are totally amateurs. We made such fundamental "mistakes" but I thoroughly enjoyed the session even though I was clueless about some things and at times felt intimidated.

I looked at some senior students doing their pieces and I was in awe. I couldn't help thinking when will I be able to do that.

Although I wish I could fly, I must have the discipline to learn to walk.

And so, this is by far, one of the happiest thing I have done for myself.

Hip Hip, Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment