Wednesday, August 7, 2019

My Solo Tokyo Trip-- 2019 July-August (Day1&2)

I am very grateful to have gotten the aisle seat on both the flight there and return.
Because it's a long flight and I normally need to use the rest room several times (four) over a 7-8 hour transit if I were to eat and drink freely.

Reached Narita and went straight to the JR office to purchase the JR NEX train ticket (return) as well as a Suica Card (Subway preloaded card)


Scenery while on JR NEX

Cheese roll & lemon honey.

The 4-star hotel I stayed at, in Shinjuku. It is just 1 min walk from Shinjuku-Sanchome. (S2)


My first meal after checking in & after a much needed shower. This Ramen shop is just next to my hotel. I found the noodles a tad hard and the soup wasn't as fantastic as I expected it to have been.
So this is the end of Day 1




(Day 2)
The next day, I headed to Odaiba. I was lost while at the subway.... so I needed a snack as I didn't have breakfast.


I reached Odaiba (Tokyo-Teleport) but it wasn't as scenic as I thought it would be.
Nonetheless, I was heading to the Onsen so it didn't really matter.

As it was still rather early, the Onsen isn't opened till 11am or so, so I went to the building (DiverCity) that was just opposite the station for a walk.




At the rooftop garden, there were children playing Tennis & Football.


Food court lunch- Omurice


As no one could advise me about the bus service, using GoogleMap, I walked for like 45 mins before reaching the location. It was scorching hot.

Finally reached the Odaiba Ooedo Onsen


Collecting my Yukata (casual, summer Kimono)









Took the shuttle bus at 4pm leaving for Tokyo Station 


Supermarket Shopping, bought chocolates and cup noodles.




No comments:

Post a Comment