Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Last Leg

Sorry for the lack of entries, I have so many things to share and I wished my brainwave could transmit my thoughts and organise into a presentable blog entry but alas the technology is not commercially available yet.
I'm having three modules this term and there just just so many essays due this month, sometimes I'm overpowered by fear of not meeting deadlines or inability to come up with a reasonable piece of work given that I had practically not read any of the recommended textbooks from the online library... just two more months to go, hang in there!  There's this particular module - Business and Commercial Awareness, that Prof., is darn demanding..... he threw us not one but two "uncertainty events" and we had to either adjust our proposal or re-do the proposal to accommodate to the latest turn in event. He is trying to stimulate real-life work situations where crisis management is part and parcel of business. Well,,,,,,,, I really hope that I can complete my three essays these two weeks..........how am I ever going to enjoy by birthday! I will be 40! Gosh. that is like damn old!



Last Saturday, when half the people on our island went on holiday, we had our regular violin class.
Not that I'm complaining, as I was already mentally prepared to be committed to this violin education and have not a single ounce of displeasure. So anyway, for the first time in a year, the Novena Square (mall) was a ghost town. There were very few patrons unlike the usually sardine packed Saturdays. Except for GAP store that was running 50% sale, everywhere else was empty. Anyway, I was star struck when I saw this person sitting right in front of me when we alighted from the taxi. This Alvin guy. He is a fellow blogger, i don't think i can call him fellow blogger because he's a professional blogger and i'm not. Anyway, after 15 seconds of wondering if i should say hello to a stranger,,, i decided that i may never see him again and i will only have this chance. so i walked back to him (his wife and kid were there too), and asked -
"Are you Alvin?"
He raised an eyebrow and replied "Yes,,,,,, do I know you?"   
"No, you do not know me but I read your blog"
"Have I met you?"
"No, you do not know me and we have not met"  "but I read your blog"
*** awkward silence for 5 seconds *** while his wife lowered her head with a wide, wide grin she couldn't hide.

LOL lor...


Here's Alvin's site    http://alvinology.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment