Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thanks for 2012

Look at how happy I looked at the final rehearsal.
Months of preparation for that 3 minutes to tell our customers we appreciate their business. I was feeling "This is it", you know, the moment has arrived for "show time". Don't we all work on something and hope to deliver it well. Somewhere three quarter of the way (during preparation), we should be able to gauge how we would fare. And that is the time you either buck up or just maintain your form if you think it's good enough, or in some instances when you really are hopeless at it, quit. Oops, am I not supposed to say that? I normally quit something after two attempts or give it a rest. 


 2012, how has it been for you?

I have been humbled. I have always been self-reflective and make corrections to my shortcomings and at the same time, hope that I have brought some comfort, warmth and inspiration to this world just by being me. Each day, I thank and trust the Universe for keeping my children safe. I thank and trust the Universe for all the challenges I've had because I will always grow from them.

(I don't own the photo above. it was circulate in FB)
This mother and her boys have such sense of humour. Time passes whether you know it or not and you can't will it. Recently, I read a quote that says (to the effect) that one wastes more time if one is unaware of wasting time and carries on wasting it. while one wastes no time if one is aware of one's wastage and stops doing it. My friend PW had to arrange for an emergency operation; she had to take care of getting her will done, her estate done, her power of attorney done and she told me thank goodness she had health insurance. She will take about 6 to 12 months to recover and she's heading back to do ballroom dancing which brought her much joy. So, get insured and go live your life.

 In our ever-progressing, ever status-conscious and materialistic society, the widening gap between the haves and haves-nots will bite us hard. I hope we can do something about it. I read about the NYPD cop who bought a homeless, bare footed man a pair of boots with his own money when he saw that the beggar had no shoes and it was freezing at 3 degrees on the streets. The cop had two pairs of socks on and he was freezing, so he couldn't imagine how cold it must have been for the homeless guy. the store clerk used his staff privilege and gave the cop a discount when he learned that it was for the homeless man sitting outside his store. So anyway, this act of kindness went viral and "the whole world" was abuzz and everyone felt "there's hope". Fast forward a few days onward, the media hounded the homeless man, who had since become barefooted again because in the hostile living condition that he was in, he was afraid to be robbed (of his new shoes), plus, "who would give money to a beggar with new shoes"- he thought out loud. Another few days on, when the media hounded him again, he then wants money. He asked; with all this action, where is his piece of the pie? Ouch. It bites. So ladies and gentlemen, we have issues that are deep. Between a new pair of shoes and helping the homeless get on his feet, there's a huge gap to be filled.



Okay, this is my arm in case you're wondering which body part it is. 

There are occasions when I get so hurt that I want to tattoo an X on my arm to remind me not to trust anyone. an X = do not trust, do not let your guard down, there-is-no-real-good-people-in-this-world kind of thoughts. 

But I let my emotions cool. So I mark an X with a pen and by the time my disappointment subside, the ink on my arm would have faded. So ya, this is my way of dealing with disappointment. I am pretty sure this  works better than the real thing! haha.


And lastly, I wanna also tell you that there will always be a way out. 
I play this block puzzle all the time. I go on and on and on and there is no puzzle I couldn't solve. 
I enjoy this game because I know that there will not be a set that has no solution to it. It would be a felony if ever there was. So I go on and on and on and on knowing that all puzzles can be solved. 
You know what? I think life is also like this. If you come across a tough nut puzzle, take a break and leave it for another day. Try again. There is always a way out. or it would be felony. 

 
Hello, two thousand & thirteen.

When I had my two thousand & one diary, I liked it that my diary spelled "Two Thousand and One" on the cover. I thought, cool idea, no one spells Nineteen hundred and ninety-nine back then.
So when I received this new diary from Steph, it reminded me that 12 years had gone by since the millennium.

There is no new year resolutions for me to make because whatever standard ones like heading to the gym, etc., I don't do it, never get round to doing it and so I shall not fool myself into saying I will do it. Although I do have goals I wanna achieve, there's really no big deal about them. Let me surprise you!

So this year, I mean year 2013, Colin will go to school! Awww...... my baby is going to school. Haha. Most probably in August / September. And Kiki hasn't learnt to read and write! Gosh, do I need to start drilling? And that's about all. Hope my sis gets married soon!

Let there be light, let there be joy in your hearts.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea of marking a X for disappointment. Really, trust no one. I'm in it now and don't even know how to let it go. Think I have to write it down somewhere.
    Have a great 2013!
    ~~sohcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an insightful reflection for 2012, KC! (Especially loved the mother-sons photos too!). I too have had a whirlwind of a year which I'm thankful for!

    And of cos, I'm sure you will have a fabulous 2013 ahead! :D

    ReplyDelete