Monday, October 29, 2012

Leisure

I have not been on any long haul holiday the past eight years. Although I do not complain about this, nor do I have the exceptional desire to travel long haul; I do feel that an ocassional break will do much good for our well being. I hope that I can start planting pockets of short breaks here and there, let's start by going to one of the nearest island that is just an hour ferry ride away-- Batam, Indonesia.

Me at the taxi stand flagging down a cab.

We "ran out of the house" before the kids woke up so that they don't get to see us leaving the house or they will starting crying, and that may make me feel a tad guilty. Ha ha.

Sidetrack a little- Recently, I've taken a fancy to getting my clothes made from the seamstress. You see this colourful piece of cloth there? made into a casual one-piece dress. It's so easy to travel in these kind of clothing, they take up little space and I've just packed one haversack for the 2-day trip.
(I've got three such dresses!)

 Exchange rate at Rupiah $7700 for one Singapore Dollar.   That makes us $2millionaires!
Cheerful-colour bank notes to match my psychedelic dress.

 We shared a meal like this which cost something like $8 or $10 in all.
(this is at the Mega-Mall (opposite the ferry terminal), one random restaurant)

 Tomato-carrot Juice.

 Headed to the hotel after lunch and I showed Bren the swimming pool.
Oh, by the way, we stayed at the Harmoni One Hotel / Apartment (?)

 You can see that the sun was very hot.



Quite a decent room, with massage area if you would prefer to have the massues come to your room.
Rupiah $110,000 (S$15) for an hour of massage if you bring yourself to the Spa. or $180,000 if you ask for room service.

The hotel room rate was S$91 (or so) for a night's stay. comes with breakfast for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment